Selektope introduces for the first time ever a pharmacological mode of action to combat barnacle settlement. By temporarily stimulating the octopamine receptor in the barnacle larvae, causing their legs to start kicking, the organisms are repelled from the hull. These groundbreaking discoveries enable unrivalled power at minute concentrations, yet within the limits of the most rigorous risk assessment bodies in the industry.
BENEFITS OF SELEKTOPE FOR SHIP OWNERS INCLUDE:
- Reduced fouling and improved fuel saving
- Extended static performance
- Reduced need for hard scrubbing through excellent performance against barnacle induced fouling
- Reduced risk of transporting invasive aquatic species
- Improved environmental profile by reducing biocide loadings in antifouling formulations